The purpose of the checklist is to help authors ensure that their manuscripts are ready for submission to Cell Structure and Function. It does not need to be submitted to ScholarOne or the Editorial Office.
The Author Checklist may also be downloaded as a PDF. For more detailed guidelines on the preparation and submission of manuscripts, please see the journal’s Instructions to Authors. Manuscripts that do not adhere to the journal’s requirements may be rejected without peer review.
- All authors:
▢ have seen and approved of the manuscript
- ▢ have agreed to its submission to Cell Structure and Function
- ▢ have permission to publish their work
- ▢ the manuscript represents original work and contains no plagiarized material
- ▢ The authors have declared any potential conflicts of interest
- ▢ Experiments using animals or humans (or their material) conform to appropriate guidelines
- ▢ Digital image processing follows the journal’s guidelines
- ▢ The manuscript file is formatted in Microsoft Word using double spacing with >3 cm margins
- ▢ The text is written in clear, grammatically correct English
- ▢ The Title Page includes the Title, Authors’ full names, Affiliations, Key words, Running title, and the name and full address (including telephone number, facsimile number and email address) of the corresponding author
- ▢ The Main text includes all relevant sections for the article type
- ▢ The authors have cited all funding sources for the work in the Acknowledgements
- ▢ Supplementary Material is provided in separate files, each of which is referenced in the manuscript file
- ▢ The authors have obtained the permission of the copyright holder(s) and relevant publisher to include any previously published material
- ▢ The submitting author has the full names, institutional addresses and email addresses for all authors
- ▢ The submitting author has the names and email addresses of any preferred or non-preferred referees
- ▢ Any changes to the text are clearly marked, e.g. using Microsoft Word’s ‘track changes’ feature
- ▢ All responses to referees’ comments are clearly numbered in a separate file
- ▢ All authors are aware that accepted manuscripts are published under a CC BY license
- ▢ If the manuscript is accepted, the authors are willing and able to pay the article processing charge of ¥100,000 (for all article types except commissioned Reviews and Mini-reviews, which are free to publish).