- Vol.32 August - December (16) Position Announcement | Graduate School of Science University of Hyogo
Vol.32 August - December (16) Position Announcement | Graduate School of Science University of Hyogo
Graduate School of Science, University of Hyogo invites applications for a full-time, tenured Associate Professor position. University of Hyogo is actively promoting diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability and other diverse backgrounds. We explicitly invite women qualified in research and education to apply.
A full-time, tenured Associate Professor position.
Molecular Biochemistry II, Division of Functional Analysis of Biomolecules, Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, University of Hyogo.
3. Research field
We encourage applicants who will study quantitative regulation of organelles from a broad and unique perspective and who are not only well versed in conventional techniques of cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry, but is also eager to learn new techniques developed in the field of data science. The applicants are expected to collaborate with a Professor to promote their research.
4. Education duties
The successful candidate is expected to conduct the following educational duties.
1) Lectures on basic biology and experimental training on chemistry and life science for undergraduates and graduate students of Science department. Some of lectures are taught in English.
2) Research supervision for master’s theses and Ph.D. dissertations.
3) Administrative duties.
Possible undergraduate courses to be taught include
Laboratory Course in Chemistry (Experimental Training)
Laboratory Course in Life Science (Experimental Training)
Possible graduate courses to be taught include
Physiological Sciences of Biopolymers
1. Doctoral degree.
2. Demonstrated ability to advise students at the undergraduate and graduate levels to obtain the degree.
3. Willingness to participate in teaching courses for Japanese and international undergraduate and graduate students, and administrative duties.
4. Strong expertise and evidence of success in life science research.
5. English fluency sufficient to teach and guide international students.
6. Japanese language proficiency is mandatory.
The contract will start on April 1, 2022.
Note: University of Hyogo has mandatory retirement at the age of 65 for this position.
1) Full curriculum vitae with a photo attached, university graduation date.
2) List of research achievements- please separate original papers from the others
3) Summary sheet of research achievements
(Note: An excel format provided by our department must be used. The excel format is available for download at the website: https://www.sci.u-hyogo.ac.jp/staff/index.html)
4) Reprints or copies of research articles (max. five articles)
5) Summary of research and education experience- about 1,100 words (English) or 2,000 characters (Japanese)
6) Proposal for future research and education plans- about 1,100 words (English) or 2,000 characters (Japanese)
7) List of research grants received
8) Two personal references from internationally recognized researchers or their contact details
These documents should be submitted as printed materials as well as pdf files in a USB flash memory or CD-ROM.
October 4, 2021
All applicants should submit their applications via registered post mail to:
Hideo Nishitani, Dean
Graduate School of Science, University of Hyogo
Koto 3-2-1, Kamigori-cho, Ako-gun, Hyogo 678-1297, Japan
1) Short-listing through application review
2) Interview and mock lecture
Note: University of Hyogo will not support any travel expenses of applicants for any reasons during the selection. Under some circumstances, such as a COVID-19 pandemic, it may be held online.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com (in English or Japanese).
1) University of Hyogo is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from female researchers as well as non-Japanese researchers are encouraged.
3) The submitted materials will not be returned.
For more information: https://www.sci.u-hyogo.ac.jp/english/index.html